Things to do with your Berowra Bub
Are you looking for a new way to entertain your baby? There a lots of things to do around Berowra to get your little one engaged.
- Hornsby Library have a Bub 'N Books session which is free during the school term. It is for 0 to 18 month olds and introduces babies to books with lots of songs as well. It is held at the Hornsby branch on Monday at 10am and Pennant Hills on Wednesday at 10am. Babies are also welcome at any story time session including Friday, 10.30am at Berowra.
- Turramurra Library has a similar session for 0 to 18 month olds called Rock-a-bye on Thursdays at 11.15am.
- Jim Jams Studios in Hornsby has foundation Kindermusik classes for 0-12 month olds on Monday and Wednesdays at 1pm. They also have classes for older children including a 1-2 year old class every weekday at 9.30am.
- Mini Maestros is another great option for musical activities run by Morgan Music Academy in Hornsby. They have a class for 6 to 24 month olds on Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday morning and a class just for 1 to 2 year olds also on Saturday morning.
You can start attend a swimming class with your baby from 6 months. As this age classes focus on getting them comfortable in the water through songs and activities. We are blessed with great local swim schools and lessons run during the school term.
- Kids Swim at Mt Kuring-gai
- Moving Bodies Aquatic at Mt Kurring-gai
- Hornsby Aquatic Centre
- Barker College
- Tire your baby out at Moving Bodies in Mount Kuring-gai. They have a Softplay area for 0 to 2 year olds will lots of space to crawl and obstacles to play and explore. If your baby is under 6 months you get in free!
- Gymbaroo classes go for 45 minutes and might be worth the travel. There are classes in Pennant Hills, Castle Hill and St Ives. They have different classes tailored for birth to crawling, crawling to 12 months, 12 months to 18 months and beyond.
- Get your baby in a carrier and go for a bushwalk! Ease your way into it on the Turner Rd Trial to the lookout or the Warrina Rd Trial to the waterfall.
- Hornsby PCYC have a Mums 'N Bubs group fitness class on Monday at 11.30am if you want to get active yourself. BAS, Envisage and Active Aussies also encourage you to bring your baby along to their mid morning sessions. Further details can be found in my Berowra Fitness Guide.
Playgroup is for 0 to 5 year olds and is a cheap way to entertain your baby and socialise.
- Hornsby Tafe have playgroup sessions on a few times a week. They are led by students training in childcare. For more information and to book phone 9472 1535.
- There are lots of great playgroups north of Hornsby. They are all listed in my Berowra Playgroup Guide and you can attend them on a casual or regular basis during the school term.
Do you have another great suggestion of local activities to do with your baby? Let me know in the comments.