Is your New Years resolution to get fit? Mine has been for the last six years!
I've done a lot of thinking about potential ways to get active (not quite as much acting). Here is a guide I put together on all the fitness related activities in the Berowra area.
- BAS Health and Fitness runs group fitness sessions in Berowra, Hornsby Heights and Westleigh and has been operating since 2004.
- Berowra Health and Wellness Studios opened in 2019 and includes different classes such as Women's Self Defence and Pilates. Pilates is on Tuesday evenings, Thursday early evening and Friday mornings.
- Movement 4 Life Fitness runs group fitness for women at Berowra Public School as well as Asquith Oval.
- Envisage Fitness has launched this year and offers Boxing, HIIT, Pilates and Yoga at Warrina Oval in Berowra.
- Kamo Kougars runs morning and evening outdoor group exercise at Parklands Oval in Mt Colah.
- Active Aussies has outdoor training sessions at both Asquith Oval and Wahroonga Park.
- Moving Bodies in Mt Kurring-gai runs adult fitness classes with childminding as well as adult gymnastics.
- Barre Attack by BelCastro Dance, Tuesday 8pm, during school term at Berowra District Hall.
- Zumba by Sara Kulk, every Wednesday 7.45pm at Berowra Uniting Church
- Berowra Physie has a ladies class on Wednesday 8.15pm at Berowra Community Centre.
- Shelagh's Yoga has two classes at Berowra Uniting Church on Tuesday evening and Saturday morning during school term.
- Conditioning Yoga runs classes four days a week at Steph's home studio in Berowra.
- Berowra Community Health Centre holds a Yoga class Wednesday mornings as well as Tuesday and Thursday evening.
- Moving Bodies Aquatic runs classes such as AquaMat, AquaPole, Boxing and Zumba. There is a creche available for the morning classes.
- Hornsby Pool is a great place to go to do laps. They also do fitness classes in the pool and their gym.
- Hawkesbury River Dragons organises dragon boating weekend mornings at Brooklyn if you are after something a bit different.
- Action Indoor Sports in Mt Kuring-gai have soccer, netball, cricket and softball competitions. You can get a team together or register as a single player.
- Join your local team (soccer, netball etc) to play a weekend sport.
- Berowra Bushrunners is a local running club that do runs on Sunday mornings.
- Anytime Fitness in Berowra and Hornsby.
- Hornsby have three gyms all with childminding available. Fernwood, Fitness First and 24/7 Gym. Also in Hornsby is Freeman's Fitness Training Studio and Plus Fitness.
- CrossFit Taipan has classes six days a week at Mt Kuring-gai.
Have I missed any? Do you already enjoy going to one of these activities? Let us know in the comments.