Are you stuck for a present for the person who has it all? Do you want to give a gift that wont quickly become unwanted clutter and end up in landfill? Are you overwhelmed by the abundance of Christmas giving?
Here are my top tips to help you give more meaningful presents this Christmas.
- Quality over quantity
- Support local and small businesses
- Gift an experience. Give a person or a family an experience instead of a physical gift. For example a family trip to a local animal park (such as Australia Walkabout Park in Calga or Golden Ridge Farm in Dural), a massage or movie voucher.
- Gift consumables. Give something that will get used up such as a beautiful handmade soap or yummy treat.
- Make it yourself. Get creative and give a homemade gift. Build, cook or sew a present. Have your children create Christmas cards.
- Give an eco-friendly product. Give a present that will help reduce waste such as reusable produce bags, coffee keep cups and beeswax food wraps.
- Give to charity. If you need a present for someone who has everything, or perhaps they don't like presents, then donate to charity on their behalf. There are so many worthy charities such as Oxfam Unwrapped and SleepBus that allow for this to happen.
- Keep it simple for kids. A good rule to follow is something they want, something they need, something to wear and something to read.
Happy Christmas everyone!